Kingsley House, a United Way Community Impact Partner, nationally renowned as the oldest Settlement House in the South, has served more than half a million people since it was founded in 1896. Today, nearly, 7,000 infants, children, youth, parents and disabled and elderly from throughout Southeast Louisiana participate annually in a comprehensive array of nationally accredited and state certified programs.
Our mission — “Kingsley House educates children, strengthens families and builds community” — remains vital to this day. Each year, we provide nationally accredited and state certified programs to thousands of infants, children, youth, parents, senior citizens and medically fragile adults from throughout Southeastern Louisiana.
We are committed to:
- Integrity, transparency and excellence
- Best practices and evidence-based programs
- Powerful partnerships with all stakeholders that are strategic and meaningful
- Cultural sensitivity and diversity
- Services that build self-sufficiency and independence
- Raising the bar on excellence in human services by increasing the visibility of what excellence is and how to achieve it
Our Operating Principles
- Nationally accredited and recognized programs that provide positive results in a nurturing environment
- Education and advocacy on issues affecting children, families, seniors, and community
- Fiscally responsible programs and agency operations
- A focus on measuring results and documenting success
Continuous Quality Improvement
Kingsley House is dedicated to a continuous quality improvement (CQI) process. This philosophy assures all clients receive effective and professional services. Our CQI plan commits time and resources to provide quality clinical programs, quality staff resources, ongoing building improvements, and financial stability. It is our belief that consistent review of all our procedures promotes improved performance.
Kingsley House is dedicated to offering services that adhere to evidence based/informed practices. Examination of outcome data and client satisfaction is one aspect of our CQI process.